OK!Thess invites startup teams to meet investors from Greece and South-East Europe by applying to participate in the next Thessaloniki Demo Day, taking place on 19 March 2019, at OK!Thess.
This is the largest gathering of investors from Venture Capital funds and business angel networks in Thessaloniki, with the express goal of enabling one-to-one meetings with startups in the region and beyond.
1. What is Thessaloniki Demo Day
Thessaloniki Demo Days are events organised by OK!Thess to promote networking between startups and investors of risk capital from Greece and abroad.
Three Demo Days were organised in 2018, on 28 January, 18 May and 23 October. Over 100 meetings were set up between 48 startups and representatives of investment funds following which investments of over €1,000,000 were realised to date.
2. Who are the investors participating
Confirmed participants for this event include the following active investors (VC and angel networks) from Greece and across South-East Europe.
- BigPi (https://bigpi.vc/)
- Metavallon (https://metavallon.vc/)
- Velocity Partners (http://velocitypartners.vc/)
- Unifund (https://uni.fund/)
- VentureFriends (https://venturefriends.vc/)
- Startech Ventures (https://www.starttech.vc/)
- NBG Business Seeds (https://www.nbg.gr/en/nbgseeds)
- Cross Border Angels (https://crossborderangels.com/)
- Eleven Ventures (https://www.11.me/)
- LAUNCHub (https://www.launchub.vc/)
- CEO Angels Club (https://ceoclub.bg/angels/)
- South Central Ventures (https://sc-ventures.com/)
- Anthology Ventures (https://anthologyventures.com/)
- Hellenic Business Angels Network (https://www.heban.gr/)
- Adrion Business Angels Network (https://www.adrionban.gr/)
- Marathon Venture Capital (https://marathon.vc)
Ιnvestors are looking for early-stage opportunities across the spectrum: from hardware to software technology and services for markets in health, transportation, energy, commerce, manufacturing, agriculture, foodtech, fintech, tourism.
3. Terms of participation for startups
The only prerequisite for the participation of a startup in the Thessaloniki Demo Day is to have reached a level of maturity and preparation sufficient for the founding team to present a complete investment proposal (the “ask”).
The proposing teams do not have to have participated in OK!Thess’ incubation and acceleration program. The invitation is open to any team from anywhere. It is also not obligatory for a team to present itself to investors for the first time.
Interested teams are invited to submit applications which are sent to investors for them to review. The investors will express their interest to meet specific teams in 1-1 meetings. A schedule of meetings will then be made by OK!Thess, the teams involved will be informed and the booking will thus be confirmed. The teams invited to participate in meetings with investors will have the opportunity to attend two preparation seminars on financials and pitching.
The timetable is as follows:
- Submission of the application (startup description) in the following form: https://goo.gl/forms/MynUlrgtyrTrjHI43
Deadline for submission of applications: 3 March 2019
- 10 March: Applicants are informed about the schedule of meetings
- 13 and 15 March: Preparation Workshops (Financials and Pitching) take place
- Demo Day: 19 March 2019 at OK!Thess
5. For more information