We are happy to announce that the Start Haifa 2018 competition application period has been extended till Sunday, October 7 2018!
- MEDICAL EQUIPMENT
- DIGITAL HEALTH/ E-HEALTH
- MARITIME TECHNOLOGIES, i.e. alternative fuels for shipping, waste solutions for shipping, energy solutions for shipping, navigation and logistic solutions for shipping, etc.
- AUTONOMOUS PUBLIC TRANSPORT, in terms of buses, trams, metro, trains etc.
- URBAN CYBER i.e. solutions safeguarding critical urban infrastructure.
Who can apply?
- Any Greek startup company dealing in tech industries such as medical equipment, digital health/e-health, maritime technologies, autonomous public transport or urban cyber.
- The startup must have a working prototype for product or service in one of the above categories to present, preferably with a proven track record.
- The participants/applicants have to be one of the founders and/or directors of the company (not an employee).
- The applicant should preferably be between the ages of 25-40 years of age.
- The company should be a startup, with a team of two founders or more, incorporated as an independent company (not a subsidiary of a large and established one).
- The company should be incorporated in Greece or have at least 50% Greek nationals in the founders/directors team based in Greece.
- The startup company must have been incorporated less than 4 years ago by the end of the application period. No individual applications or team applications (e.g. student teams, research teams not incorporated) will be accepted.
- All communication regarding the competition, from the application to live presentations and events in Athens and Haifa will be in English. In that respect applicants mustspeak and write advanced English.
- Note that only one founding member of a startup company may submit the company to the competition.
- The representative of the company that entered the competition will represent the team to all events, as a finalist and subsequently as winner of the competition.
- The profile of the applicant/representative should be a dynamic person with strong entrepreneurial spirit, excellent communication skills, open to accept the value of the program, and to contribute to it actively as well.