Start Haifa 2018 application period has been extended till Oct 7, 2018
We are happy to announce that the Start Haifa 2018 competition application period has been extended till Sunday, October 7 2018!
The goal of the competition is to select and announce 1 winner from Greece that will be part of a group of 15 winners from similar competitions organized by Israeli Embassies in selected countries around the globe.
The winner from Greece will participate in an all-expense paid six-day professional international start up seminar in Israel, called Start Haifa 2018, which will take place from 2-7 December 2018 in Haifa, Israel.
The six-day seminar is designed to expose the participants to the highly acclaimed Israeli innovation ecosystem. It will be packed with workshops, lectures, meetings and visits to multinationals, R&D Centers, companies, VCs, networking eventsand meetups with Israeli start uppers and more mature companies.
The Greek winner will be part of a group of start uppers from around the world, interacting with them and exchanging their respective experiences. However, most importantly, they will have the amazing opportunity to learn from the extensive startup ecosystem in Israel.
Applications must be submitted by
Sunday 7 October 2018 until 23:59
(Athens local time).
The companies that apply should be:
Greek startups focusing on technologies that have a social impact in the following categories:
- MARITIME TECHNOLOGIES, i.e. alternative fuels for shipping, waste solutions for shipping, energy solutions for shipping, navigation and logistic solutions for shipping, etc.
- AUTONOMOUS PUBLIC TRANSPORT, in terms of buses, trams, metro, trains etc.
- URBAN CYBER i.e. solutions safeguarding critical urban infrastructure.
Who can apply?
We are looking for innovative and strong tech-oriented companies that have a positive impact in bettering the lives of people; startups that are solving real problems; companies that have a high potentiality of attracting interest and create positive discussions around their product or service.
Eligible companies to apply must have the following characteristics:
- Any Greek startup company dealing in tech industries such as medical equipment, digital health/e-health, maritime technologies, autonomous public transport or urban cyber.
- The startup must have a working prototype for product or service in one of the above categories to present, preferably with a proven track record.
- The participants/applicants have to be one of the founders and/or directors of the company (not an employee).
- The applicant should preferably be between the ages of 25-40 years of age.
- The company should be a startup, with a team of two founders or more, incorporated as an independent company (not a subsidiary of a large and established one).
- The company should be incorporated in Greece or have at least 50% Greek nationals in the founders/directors team based in Greece.
- The startup company must have been incorporated less than 4 years ago by the end of the application period. No individual applications or team applications (e.g. student teams, research teams not incorporated) will be accepted.
- All communication regarding the competition, from the application to live presentations and events in Athens and Haifa will be in English. In that respect applicants mustspeak and write advanced English.
- Note that only one founding member of a startup company may submit the company to the competition.
- The representative of the company that entered the competition will represent the team to all events, as a finalist and subsequently as winner of the competition.
- The profile of the applicant/representative should be a dynamic person with strong entrepreneurial spirit, excellent communication skills, open to accept the value of the program, and to contribute to it actively as well.